quarta-feira, 25 de junho de 2008

The need of a team


2 days ago I realized how important that is to work as a team. Let me explain why;
I am still afraid to interact with people. Every time I have to meet someone I normally don't talk, I just answer answers, and that's all. I don't know them, and I am afraid of them
When I say afraid of them is not because I am afraid they are going to hurt. The true is I feel inadequate mostly of the time with new people.
Normally I believe that I can work by myself, and I don't need anyone.
My mentor, who is also my supervisor, told before that he would have to get me some help at work, because I was single staff. I said ok but didn't make sense to me.
Anyway, now I understand. Recently I found out how much important work in team is. A few days ago I decided counseling a friend of mine, and I almost burn out. At the end I felt the feelings of be powerless, and I didn’t have anyone to process it.
I realized when I work with the team I can process my frustrations with them, and ask for advice. I can share the burn with them and that keeps me of burn out.
My work is very emotional and is about to give without expectations, well, to be honest, of course I still expect that I will create people who are going to succeed, lol, but anyway, like I was saying is about to give, and give and if I don’t have colleagues to return me what I gave I will feel miserable emptY.
Today I value that. I am been understanding a lot since I start working in this field. My mentor always told me I would learn, but I thought I already knew everything, lol.
Working with a team makes me a better counselor, and I feel more peace, so I transfer peace.
Even my groups became better, so better that clients don’t follow asleep, or notice that is already lunch time. My mind is free, my heart is open.

2 comentários:

Anónimo disse...

Very good insight, I forsee you becoming a great counselor and clinician. Much wiser than I.

Mentes Conectadas disse...

thank you, but if I will be that is because you are my mentor:)