sábado, 4 de outubro de 2008

The place I am today


Well, let’s talk about my new experience. I changed units, and I dint quite want it. I don’t like change, but I trust in the people who decided to change me, and I know they have a plan. Anyway, the first day was horrible. I even got a huge headache. I didn’t know the clients, I didn’t know their names, and I dint know how they work over here, so I was complete lost. I felt really lost. The clients were looking at me like if I was some kind of guru, and they were expecting something. Of course they were expecting because I have here 3 clients who already know me, and they have been talking about me. I heard they say that I was going to figure then out in 10 seconds. I didn’t react to that. I am changing that. I am not showing them that I like to hear that. I just make a Jedi face = I visualize how Jedi reacted before to those comments, and I just do the same face like he does when someone tells him that he is brilliant. I wasn’t able yet to do a Miss Vale group, because I don’t feel secure enough to do it. So I am doing what I suppose to do, witch is know the clients. I have been working with a counselor. She does morning and I do evening. She is just like I pictured. She is calm, and she does her thing, and she doesn’t go I try to run and control. So the things go well, because I am like that too. I do my thing and I like to not be bored or control like the other counselors did to me. Yesterday I found myself saying to a client when she asks me what I was doing, I answer: can you believe I am not doing anything, can you believe it??? For the first time in 1 year I wasn’t not doing anything because this counselor doesn’t abuse me like other did. I was always the one doing everything. The clients from other unit told me: we miss you, and we miss your groups” my answer was: well, you got what you want. Now go do some quizzes as groups. The other counselor is what she does quiz because she doesn’t know what to talk about. She is what I call a counselor NA sponsor.
The new supervisor saw me yesterday and he said: I miss you! My stupid answer was: why? Lol, I am so stupid sometimes. The guy was just telling me that he miss me. He said that he likes to see me when he arrives and that is why he misses me.
Today another counselor form other unit told me the same: I miss your voice on the radio
Is good to hear these things, is really good.

1 comentário:

Anónimo disse...

It's good to hear that you are happy. I think you are a great asset to that unit, and you will bring balance. Everything alwyas works itself out, especially with others.