sábado, 11 de outubro de 2008

what I believe


This is what I believe

Do you ever wonder why you are still alive?
Everyone is aware that dies thousands of people around of the world because the disease of addiction.
Everyday dies someone because this disease.
So why me? Why I wasn’t one of them?

We will go back to this question later, but now let’s see what normal we do.
How many times a day you ask God to help you?
How many times the addict does ask for Gods help? A few hum?
Does the addict says at night: thank you God
Does the addict says in the morning: what can I do for you today God?
Nope
Here what I make sure that clients become aware:
Today I was doing a group and a client said: I keep praying for God to help me.
I told her: why you keep asking God for stuff, don’t you see that he already gave you what you need because He wants you to help him now.
See, God already helped you when he showed you the 12 steps. He did that because now it’s your turn to carry the message.
Some of us are chosen to be disciples of God. God normally chooses the enferms ones.
If you look back to your childhood and where you are coming from you will be able to recognize the lack of happiness.
You will be able to look back and see rejection, pain. All this lack of love made us to have that hole inside of us. A hole that is so big that needs to feed somehow. That hole with years and become compassion and that’s why we are so sensitive and easy to be hurt. We had become the liars, the thief, the prostitute for a reason. The drugs were just a way for the plan that God has for us.
The ones they are alive will have the need to help another human be like them because WE CAN FEEL THEIR PAIN. Once we can feel their pain we are able to understand so well what the other is coming from.
Is exactly this what God needs. He needs those sick people in recovery to go and carry his message to the ones who are still in hell.
The devil had chosen drugs to destroy. God had to go pick some of us to fight against those destructive drugs. We are what I call the RESURRECTION.
Resurrection because be in recovery is like re born again. Learn a new way to live.

Resurrection

The most widely used definition for who is a disciple is Jesus' self-referential example from the Gospel of John 13:34-35: "I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another."

If you go and see Jesus story, you will see:
Misunderstood
Rejected

Humiliated

Haunted (like the drugs hunted people)

Carry the message

That is what I believe that we were chosen. Normally we are the ones we had did stuff that could killed us. Like OD, or even tried to kill ourselves.
Was proven that we tried, but we didn’t successed.

Sem comentários: