sexta-feira, 25 de julho de 2008

Overwhelmed day


I had my caseload today. I looked around, were there 11 clients, and then I thought that just two of them will successed. Made me sad. I kept thinking what else could i have done for them, how could I change the future.Criminal minds but also brilliante minds who made poor decisions. I know I did my best, I did what I knew at this time.
Today is a overwhelemed day. Every one is like that today. All of us struggle yesterday, and that ahd an affect...break all of us down. 3 of them ran, one of them was my client. The first thought I had was: I should give her more atention. Maybe I am still very egocentric by thinking was my fault. I say that because when I think was my fault is like if I had power or control over, and I DON'T!
I am just a counselor, a guide, no more no less. Watching them go, is like one peace of me is gone. The only thing came out of my mouth was: my baby is gone. Is the way I look to them, lost children, who had learn to survive by doing criminal behaivor.
Yesterday I kept hearing a client saying: I have anger issues, and I am here to learn". She is been saying that since her first day. So yesterday I answer to that: " your time is up; it;s time now to say the true. So , tell me, who broke your heart? your mother or father?
She broke down, crying so hard she couldn't stop. She had a panic attack. I gave her a bag to breath, and she was crying and screamming. The lady from JQT kept asking: why she is crying, God!!! doing a wierd face. I look to her and I thought: you dont have a clue what you are asking me, do you.
That client was with her big sister, the one she hated until yesterday. I asked her:
ow many years you didnt cry?
she said 7 years. I dont cry for 7 years.
I knew that panic attack was because of that.
today she told me: hey, I am feeling wierd. I am calm, and I even walk, and talk slow.
she is in peace.
I remember that sensation.

2 comentários:

Anónimo disse...

Very Cool experience, I had the same thing with the vocation counselor this morning, talking loud on the control desk while a girl was pooring her heart out. Some people just dont get it. It infuriates me when people dont understand the preciousness of that moment. I think I am going to write about this. LOL

Mentes Conectadas disse...

write :)please!