quarta-feira, 20 de agosto de 2008

Client vampire



We have this client who keeps trying to feel what she doesn’t feel. She tries to impress counselors, with her amazing feelings. She was the queen today. She finally got some attention, and she spent her day on that. What normally would bring shame and guilty, to her was the best thing happen to her. She is what I call an emotional vampire (taker). She realized a long time ago that treatment centers are her geographic. Do you remember the time we changed places, people and things, just to get a vacation from drugs, and get strong to go back to use? Yep, this is what she does with treatment centers. Is sick, but is her reality. Normal people when they are tired they go on vacation. They go to places, or spas. They normal go to places where they know they will be taking care of, and they don’t have to work much. She goes to treatment. I have been telling her since her first month there. When she gets tired of using drugs, she decided to go to treatment, and that she is in control. She was, until she met me, lol, I told her the truth about herself, and now she is aware and she got a conscience. She is in control because she already knows how to move in treatment. She knows that sometimes she needs to share; she knows that sometimes she needs to give identification; she knows that sometimes she needs to cry, she knows that the only thing she has to do is her bed, and clean something else. BUT, she made a mistake….she lost the control when she becomes need for attention. Then she goes into contradiction, and she doesn’t have enough knowledge to keep one personality at the time. She became frustrated, because she didn’t give to my mentor the answer she thought would be the best. So I told her: why you don’t just say the truth, your true. Her truth is: she doesn’t care about their children. They children are with her parents, and for her this is the best thing that can happen, because she can have the guys around her, and sleeping with her. The only thing that is important to her is been skinny, in order to get body attention, and then be able to have sex. Once she gets the sex, then she becomes an emotional vampire. She will take from you what she wants, not what she needs because her ego doesn’t let her know what she needs. Because she needs so much attention, she will find another way to get their attention by vomiting.....at the end, her last attention is always the same - drugs.
She does the same in treatment. First she had become the mature one. Very well spoke, very honest, telling everything about her past, waiting for the role model attention. Then, she doesn’t get that attention she wants, so she starts vomit. She realized that will make us give her attention. Then comes with all this guys who she tried to go on pass, and tried to make them buy her cigarettes. Finally she deviated…another form to get attention.
I figured her out, on her first phone call that she made during her assessment. She called this guy and said: Hi how are you? I miss you so much; do you have a pen with you? So this is what I need to you to buy me”
That was enough for me. I still remember like it was today. I told her to stop faking that she feels. She is to busy with her ego, and with what she wants, to even have emotions for others.
Self pity syndrome. Too busy looking for what she wants; she even can see the poor homeless guy on the Conner of the street. She spends her day on the mirror looking to her body, but never to her face. She is the kind of client she would have one sister crying near of her, and she would be looking to the mirror thinking: I am too fat! I understood I had become aware of whom she is, I told her exactly what I wrote, but I couldn’t do anything. Her ego was stronger than me, and was nothing I could have done. Is I this time I think: time to let her go! I saw also a few weeks ago, a little light on her, when I saw her trying to be like me. She was on the board writing, and talking like me. Yes, because her ego, she is looking for a reference, an identity. She challenge men, but she respects women, and tries to get what they have that she doesn’t. But the guys are just a challenge. Guys are people, who she knows she has the control over. Illusion, is what she wants.
It doesn’t matter if you are a man, or a lesbian, or a rock, she is an emotional vampire, and she will plan to seduces you. She will be watching you, to find your weakness, and then she will bite you and suck your blood. But like a vampire she would never be satisfied, so she would be walking around looking for more victims. The sad truth on this is she is her own victim.
She is a victim of her ego. She is her own vampire.

Sem comentários: