quarta-feira, 3 de setembro de 2008

when the gang men starts and the children ends


I want to write about something I experinced today, and down bellow I am posting a video where shows where I am coming from; the street I used drugs and where I lived when I was using. this video is in Lisbon is one of the famous drug Neighborhoods. Today I remind that place again.
So today we were call to go help on one of our units. When I arrived there, I saw all that guys sit down like they wanted to. I couldn’t see any humility on none of them. I couldn’t see some hope on them. What I saw was that I was surronder by gang members. I felt scare at the beginning. The way they looked, they way they walked, they way they talked, the way they were sitting. I saw a gang unit, no more no less. I wonder how come the other counselors didn’t see that coming??? Here I go again on this, and I always fight for what I believe, and what I believe is if they were more around them they would have the opportunity to realize who is having complicities with whom. One of the things I do when I get clients who were gang members is forbidden them to walk the way they do. I Taught them a new way to talk, and walk. When I see pride, I try to make them become vulnerable. But this is just my opinion. So while I was there and I saw all of them with pride, I tried to figure out how I could help to bring them down. How could make them to become more vulnerable. While I was driving I had an idea which came from my mentor a few months ago, and would be perfect to apply to that unit right now. I think they should call home and make their family to send them pics.
Pics from when they were children, and also pics from their own children. I would make them wear it around their neck. Why? Simple; because they look at each other as gang members, and I want them to start to look at each other as lost children. don’t see the gang member but see the child on them. Yes, they were children before, and they need to remember it again. For them will be shameful to wear they own child face around their neck, and that is exactly the point, make them to bring the child, because now, they are just trying to proof they are MEN, tuff men. At the end who are they? Lost children, just that, lost children.
I hope I made sense.


1 comentário:

Anónimo disse...

I Love it! You are right, I will pass that on.

When you leave a message on my post, I dont get an e-mail, I have to look on the Blog to see it. I'm not really sure how to get an e-mail. I can't figure out how to put the damn videos in the blog, I have to put them on the side bar.