domingo, 8 de fevereiro de 2009

Dream, Dream



Dreams
Dream, dream with a better life! I never stop dreaming
Even when I was a child I would dream to see my father again.
I would dream to be adopted for a better family
I would dream that I may made a mistake in the hospital, and I was from another family
Then I started to dream I want to be someone, I wanted fit
So I started to dream I was a punk rock girl, so I join the punk population
Then I dream that I wanted to be this sexy heavy metal girl who stays in the streets with a bunch of guys and girls with a very long hair, wearing black clothes, so I join then
I dream that I wanted to be mean and not a good person, so I kept trying to be mean. My dream was if I get mean no one can hurt me again.
None of this cases I successes. Didn’t make sense, but I kept sticking with my dreams
When I was using drugs I had this dream that I wanted to have a normal life, and be clean. That dream was the most difficult dream to get, so I started to dream I wanted to die.
I decided that I didn’t want to dream anymore, so was when I started to become suicidal, I kept trying to kill myself, and people kept finding me passing out, and rescued me, and rush me to the hospital to make me live.
I still remember that paramedic who told me in the ambulance “please don’t die on me, you are so beautiful, stay with me”
Sir wherever you was, wherever you are, thank you! I am alive, and I had become a great woman.
I got clean, finally, and my dreams changed. I didn’t want to be the street girl anymore, I wanted to be independent. Didn’t know how to be, and how to start.
I just kept dreaming…one day I will be like this, like that
11 years ago I was in treatment and I had this BIG dream to become a counselor.
I remember at that time that dream was like unbeliever.
I remember I had a one with my counselor at that time and I told him “hey I want to be a counselor, but I think I won’t because I was a street girl”
My counselor at that time disclosure information about him, and he told me “… so I I had become, you will become a counselor…”
He supported my dream, and gave the strength I need it.
Because of this I have now this dream to find him and let him know that I had become a counselor. I didn’t realize that dream yet because I don’t know where he works, or if he is in Portugal or Italy. But I keep dreaming that one day I will find him, and I will let him know what that 26 years old girl had become.
Left treatment dreaming that I wanted to have a driver license, and a car. Got it!
Kept dreaming that I wanted to have a house. Got it!
Kept dreaming that I wanted a good job and lots of money. Got it!
5 years in recovery passed, and I wasn’t yet a counselor. But I kept saying “one day I will become a counselor, and I will be one of the best in the field”
Now I had 2 in 1, I still wanted to be a counselor, but now I wanted to be on of the best in the field.
9 years in recovery passed, and I wasn’t yet a counselor, but I was on my way.
Today I am about (March) to do 11 years in recovery and I am a counselor, and I believe I am good at that, don’t know if one of the best in he field, lo
So why I am writing all of this????
Simple; this is exactly the message I carry to my clients - dream, dream, dream
It’s hard to this population to tell them to dream, because they are stuck.
So I decided if they don’t look for their dreams, I will bring the dreams to them.
So this is what I am been doing, bringing the dreams to them. I show them the cool things in life, like countries, traveling, successfully woman, I work on their strengths skills and show them what they can do with their skills and how.
I make sure that they know where they are good at, and how that can make them successfully.
See, the point of be an addict in recovery means that we become one of the most intelligent people in the world, and one of the most creative, and one of the most successfully people.
That is a fact!
If you do a survey you will see that an addict had move vantages than a “normal person”
Why?
Simple; because during the use we got survival skills, and then once in recovery we use those survival skills, and we add the new learn of life.
Also because we are very sensitive people that make us to be ahead…. We feel more, we understand more, we see life more.
We are more aware of life because one day we almost die
We feel more because we spent years high don’t feel anything
We are ahead because we exercised our brain to find ways and means to get what we wanted
We are more sensitive because we can feel the pain of other people….we have been there, in that pain, we recognize, we have compassion.
In other day someone told me “be an addict isn’t good in any way”
I looked at him and I thought “I can’t date this person, because he is an ignorant”
Be an addict is be what you can never be - a toll of God
We were chosen to carry his message, but for you to carry that message you need to know what you are talking about, and that’s why works, because we did that, we have been there, so we know what we are talking about.
I feel your pain, because your pain was my pain
That’s why I need to keep to tell my clients to dream, because isn’t nothing wrong to be an addict, is all good, and they can take advantage of that!
Keep dreaming for a better life
Some call this law of attraction
I call it HOPE!

Sem comentários: