domingo, 12 de abril de 2009

Counselors vs. predators

Counselors vs. predators

Well, lets stop using the word predators and lets define it.
Normally when you read this work what comes to your mind is chasing, after of.
Let me give to it another mean
Here what happens in this field sometimes.
Sometimes counselors make bad decisions, because their ego, and because they are not aware of themselves.
Once again I keep fighting for what I believe, and let me tell you what is:
“ if you never did treatment, please DO NOT be a counselor!”
At least make some therapy to be aware of yourself, and your limitations as a human being.
I have this collegue of my who had decided to play the seduce game with a client. Of course he lost!!!!
Is he a predator???? Can we call him that????
NO, we cant!
So lets call him what he really is - sex and love addict!!!
See, we come to work in the field of drug addiction, and you think what matters is been clean ( if u are an addict/ alcoholic)
You get yourself focus on a secondary problem, and you forget the primary.
We had become a sex and love addict before who used or drink!
You think that AA/NA will give you the power to be above of that, but doesn’t!
AA/NA just treats the secondary problem - drug addiction/ alcoholism
And here you coem to this field without be aware.
Me and my other collegue we spoke before that something was wrong with this cousnelor.
He was acting weird, very anxious, and he will desapear for 1 week, over and over again.
Why he desapear???
GAME OVER!
So here he comes, with a lot of clean time, and with a lot of years as coinselor thinking he could play the game without loosing it.
He starts to play the seducing game with one of our clients.
Of course she accepted the invention because she is in need at this time.
So what I said GAME OVER???
Because the client fell in love with the counsleor!
So now how he is going to resolve that????
He cant anymore! Its over!
So now he has a client who doesn’t accept rejection and kows that she can twist his world.
In his mind he promisses: I am going to end with this tomorrow!”
He tries, so why he doesn’t do it????
Because now he is afraid - he lost the control!
He has afraid that th eclient gets mad and tell the true, so he runs from work, calling in sick.
He has a contract with the client, and she now has the power to end with his career if she wants too.
He tried to manipulate me last week by saying “ oh I am so glad I am moving.. See in here its had for me to be a counselor because if I play with them they are going to think I want to sleep with them”
I thought” why in the hell you are telling me that???”
Now that I am writing, I am thinking that he maybe was asking for help.
But at that time I just thought: “ this doesn’t make sense! Since I am been here he already was moved like 4 times! He should be mad and feel used, and he is happy????? Something is wrong with this dude”
Yep, something was wrong! He had an opportunity to move away from the client.
The client also acted weird, and me and my collegue noticed that.
The client cried her eyes out when she found out she was getting 60 days extension.
Last week she found out that extension wasn’t going to be 60 days, and she was going home soon.
She reacted sad, with a lack of happiness!
Now we know! She is in love
This is what happens when 2 sex and love addicts meet - the status is over!
Is no longer the counselor and the client
Is just 2 broken children whom become emotional vampires, playing with fire!
Before you come to this field make those questions:
- what is my core issues?
- am I a sex addict?
- am I a love addict?
If yes, that means that ANY TIME, you can even play once!
Once you play - GAME OVER for you!
To be more clear - if you are a drug addict will you go to a dope house?
Will you play with an addict who is still using drugs?
Guess not!
So take this serious, and don’t be ignorant
My name is Ivone, I am an addict, and a sex and love addict - BUT I AM AWARE OF IT!
ARE you?

Sem comentários: